Summer Adventures at Mill on the Brue
A 'home from home' atmosphere with a large zip wire, high ropes course and a river in your back garden!
Sorry but we’re completely full for this summer
If you are looking for an exciting, challenging and most of all fun place for a child to be for the summer then we have the perfect solution! Since 1982 we have been running our week long summer adventure camps for unaccompanied children. Many of the children come back the year after year, many forming friendships that last for years. A week at our summer adventure camp gives everyone the opportunity to have an enormous amount of fun, learn new skills and make great friends.
“Thank you all for giving Tabby the most brilliant week – she had an amazing time, met some great kids by the sound of it. I was delighted by the amount of mud that she brought home…the perfect antidote to her usual busy life. Many thanks again, we’ll definitely be booking for next year.”
Great Reasons to Come
- At least 6 activities everyday.
- Maximum of 72 children per week.
- Your child has the same two instructors for the duration of their holiday.
- The children are divided into groups (max 12 children per group) depending on their age.
- Good quality organic food, sourced from local suppliers and our own garden.
- Clean, comfortable accommodation, ideally suited to satisfy all your childrens needs.
- Activities are designed to be fun, encourage team work and improve confidence.
- If a child stays for a 2nd week they will be taken (if they want to) out of the centre for the day to a local attraction.
- The youngest aged group is called the Squirrels then Owls, Swallows, Magpies, Badgers & Otters.
Start your adventure here
Summer Camp Details
|Price:||£599 (per child per week)
£60 (per child for Saturday night if staying for two weeks)
|Duration:||7 Days +|
|Between:||8th July – 18th Aug 2018|
|Age:||8-15 years old|
|Capacity:||Up to 72 Children|
Summer Camp Discounts
- Refer a friend £70 – if a friend or sibling hasn’t been to us for a residential week summer camp before and you have introduced them to MoB – as a thank you we take off £70 from your balance.
- Repeat discount £60 – when a child returns for another year’s residential summer camp £60 is taken off the balance.
- 2 Weeks – If staying for 2 weeks there will be a £60 discount off your child’s second week. Please contact us for more details.
- Childcare vouchers – we are Ofsted registered to accept child care vouchers. We are registered with Kiddivouchers, Edenred, Care4vouchers, Faircare, Fideliti, Busy Bee Benefits, Computer Share, Sodexo, Co-Op, Allsave, RG Childcare
Our price is inclusive – there are no hidden extras in our summer camps; everything apart from travel to and from the Centre is provided. For more information go to our Frequently Asked Questions page
Ideal UK Summer Camp Location
Mill On The Brue is located in Bruton, Somerset, near to the borders of Dorset and Wiltshire. It is just one hour from Bath and Bristol and 2 hours from London.
No time for boredom!
Each day is action packed from morning until night. Children take part in at least 6 activities every day so, during the week, they will try most of the 40 activities on offer at Mill On The Brue. Activities include canoeing, zip wire, raft building, archery, camping expedition, high ropes, climbing, air rifle shooting and Crazy Olympics. The week culminates in group entertainments and a disco.
It’s not just a ‘holiday’ – your child might think so, but see how much they grow in confidence and independence; you will be amazed.
“Ben had the most wonderful time and came back bubbling about all the things he’d done – especially camping out at Far Camp during the storm!”
Arrival and placement
Children arrive on Sunday afternoon and depart on Saturday afternoon after the traditional prize giving. If they are staying for longer than a week then there is time for an outing to one of the many local attractions or to relax with a DVD on the Saturday evening.
Children of the same age are placed together in groups of twelve or less with a male and female instructor. These instructors stay with the group all week enabling rapport and friendships to build up and ensuring positive group dynamics are fostered. Children staying for 2 weeks go on a special outing in the second week.
Travelling by train or coming from abroad?
Train – As part of our commitment to the environment and to your childs safety we are offering a rail escort from London Paddington to Castle Cary station for £25 return (which does not include you purchasing the rail ticket). Please ring our office for more details.
38% of the children in the summer 2017 travelled down to Somerset this way!
Abroad – Children from abroad often stay at our Summer camps in the UK for 1-2 weeks. We can arrange collection with an escort from Bristol, Heathrow, Exeter or Gatwick airports.
“I want to thank you for Diane and Gabriel’s awesome week with you from 10-16th August, as proud members of the Squirrels. They will be back a hundred times over they loved it so much. The longing of their little sister is a bit of a painful thing but when she gets to become a squirrel in a couple of years, what a sense of achievement! They loved the food, hot chocolate, porridge, camping, some crazy game where you have to jump over a big puddle of mud or something like that. They basically loved every single thing. We drank the wine with our cousins in Bath on the very evening and toasted to your good health (the kids had a teeny weeny bit and drank to the good health of the dog Casey: sorry).”
A letter from Adam now too old to attend summer camp: –
“I should say a massive thank you for the amazing time that I had over my eight summers coming to MoB. I most definitely feel that my experiences at MoB went far further than having a good time during the summer, they shaped and allowed me to better understand who I am, something that makes Mill on the Brue far more than an activity centre. To me it is a very special place, one that I will never forget.”