Salary: £29,000 -£35,000 p.a + 5% pension contribution
Closing Date: 15th December 2023 Start Date: early January 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter
To apply: Please submit a CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability to: email@example.com
One or more of the following
- SPA/ RCI Award; ERCA / IRATA; UKCC British Canoeing Level 2 (Core) Coach Award; ML / WGL Award or equivalent – assessed plus valid 16hr First Aid
- Archery GB; Bushcraft Level 2; MIA/MIC; BCU Coach/Assessor
Our happy, fun and experienced team are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, professional and dynamic person to lead and inspire our instructor team to deliver high quality experiential learning to a range of groups.
We need someone with proven experience who can take on a busy programme and work with the wider team to further develop the potential of the centre.
- Financial assistance with qualifications – all staff
- Usually 3 weekends off a month (depending on bookings)
- Free lunch and free meals when on duty
- Free car parking on site
- Annual leave – 31 days including Bank Holidays and Christmas and New Year calculated pro rata
- Pension scheme – 5%
- Demonstrates a wide knowledge, experience and love of the outdoors, both professionally and individually
- Efficient and effective working practice, proactive, organised, trustworthy, reliable, responsible, have a sense and humour and be passionate about delivering their knowledge of the outdoors to others, especially children
- IT literate and not fazed by spreadsheets and rotas
- A ‘people’ person, an excellent communicator, and demonstrate significant experience of managing teams
- Willing to learn more about our environmental practices and help us to motivate our staff and customers to practice what we preach
- An active member of our management team
- Expect to live within reasonable distance of the centre for top cover duties (shared with the senior management team)
- Valid driving license
Mill on the Brue is about two hours drive from Dartmoor, South Wales, great climbing on the south coast; and has a train station with links to Bath, Bristol, Weymouth and London. Bruton is a small town with pubs, restaurants, art galleries, three schools and lots of social activities in the town and nearby. There are a number of bigger towns within easy drive and lots of great walking.
We are an innovative family run Outdoor Activity Centre in Somerset with a strong environmental ethos. Established in 1982, the Centre provides residential and day courses for schools, youth and student groups, and summer camps for unaccompanied children, with a focus on experiential education. We also host events and functions throughout the year.